In accordance with
- Regulation respecting standards for equivalence of diplomas and training for the purpose of issuing a permit by the Ordre des sages-femmes du Québec (RSQ, c C-26, at 93, paragraphs c and 1 );
- Regulation respecting internships and refresher courses for midwives (chapter S-0.1, r 17);
- Regulation respecting the legal authorizations to practice midwifery outside Québec that give access to the license of the Ordre des sages-femmes du Québec (chapter S-0.1, r.3);
- In section 42.4 of the Professional Code concerning special authorizations
- Analyze and issue a recommendation to the Board of Directors on the files of candidates who want recognition of equivalence of diploma or training for the issuance of a permit from the Ordre des sages-femmes du Québec (OSFQ) , according to the Regulation respecting the standards of equivalence of diploma and training for the issue of a permit by the Ordre des sages-femmes du Québec (RSQ, c C-26, at 93, para. c and 1).
- Analyze and issue a recommendation to the Board on the files of French women candidates, taking into account the Agreement on mutual recognition of qualifications (ARM) between France and Quebec adopted in September
- Analyze and issue a recommendation to the Board on reciprocal admission applications according to the Regulation respecting the legal authorizations to practice the profession of midwifery outside Québec which give access to the license of the Ordre des sages-femmes du Québec ( C. S-0.1, r.3).
- Provide mentoring to members who complete an internship in accordance with the Regulation respecting internships and midwifery upgrading courses (see S-0.1, 17) (examples: return to practice, following a specific inspection, etc.).
- In the case of return to practice, issue recommendations to the Board regarding the content, objectives, conditions, duration and terms of the practicum or refresher course.
- At the request of the President, issue an opinion on a special authorization request.
- Advise the Board on any questions regarding admission standards.